my first garden

my first garden

Thursday, June 3, 2010

Broccoli Delight





I have to say that I am very impressed with my garden. Everything is flourishing. I have harvested my spinach 4 times as of yesterday and am harvesting my broccoli tonight. I had a taste of it earlier to make sure it was ready and it was DELICIOUS!! There would be no reason to butter it up... it was that good.
On another note, I have to make another snail trap. I have only seen one snail in my garden (next to the trap) and realized it was to big to fit in the hole.
Last week I bought wall-o-water's for 4 of my tomato plants. I was out of town and was afraid to leave them unprotected. They love their little plastic homes. They have grown so much. I'm so happy for them.
I visited Kenyon Organics last week (were I bought 4 out of 6 tomato plants) and picked up fertilizer called Worm Tea. So far it has been amazing. If you are interested check out their website. http://kenyonorganics.com. I also will be working there throughout the summer in trade for plants. I'm more excited for the knowledge then the plants!




No comments:

Post a Comment