my first garden

my first garden

Thursday, June 24, 2010

Meditation in the Garden




Yesterday I finished my last final for the quarter around 1:00. I called my husband to tell him I passed and he said, "go do something fun for yourself". I drove straight from school to Kenyon Organics. I picked up green pepper starters, eggplant starters and a few spreadable flowering plants. I was able to talk to Carolyn (owner) for a little bit about my garden and how it was doing. I was so excited to get home and plant my new starters and spend some time in my garden. I spent the rest of the afternoon enjoying the sun and the dirt between my fingers and toes. (i like to garden barefoot)
I guess my point here is that I LOVE TO GARDEN. I love everything about it. From pulling the pesky weeds to watching one tiny seed grow into my dinner for the season. It's become an escape for me from the rest of the world.... like meditation.

No comments:

Post a Comment